Nothing says I love you more than a delicious Valentine-inspired breakfast in bed. Looking to cozy up with your sweetie, linger a little longer, and enjoy some feel-good food (aren’t we all?). We’ve got a healthy (but oh so delicious) menu that you can easily assemble the night before so you can pop it out of the fridge the morning of and jump right back in bed.
Let’s dig right in!
Chia Seed Pudding with Raspberries & Goji Berries
*makes 2 (+ extra chia seed pudding)
For the chia pudding:
- 2 ½ cups plant milk of choice (we used almond)
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup fresh raspberries (to give it a soft pink tinge)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the parfait:
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, for layering
- Fresh raspberries, for layering
- Goji berries
- Shredded coconut
To make the pudding:
- In a container, whisk together all chia pudding ingredients, except for the ½ cup of fresh raspberries. Cover and chill overnight or for at least 3 hours until thick. Once the chia pudding has thickened, transfer it to a blender, add in the raspberries and pulse until incorporated.
To assemble the parfait:
- Start by adding ¼ cup each of Greek yogurt to two jars.
- Fill each jar about halfway with the chia pudding.
- Top with additional raspberries, goji berries, and shredded coconut, and serve.
- The most important step of them all, enjoy with someone you love!
Heart-Shaped Avocado Toast
A fan favourite, we couldn’t help but put a Valentine’s Day spin on a breakfast classic!
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, and skin removed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Red chili flakes, optional
- heart-shaped cookie cutter or a steady hand and paring knife
- Toast the bread and then cut the toast into hearts using a heart-shaped cookie cutter or by hand.
- Add the avocado, lemon, and salt to a bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado.
- Spread the mashed avocado onto each of the heart-shaped toast slices.
- Top with additional sea salt and a sprinkling of red pepper flakes. Enjoy!