Meet Cindy Hardie, host/educator of my CNF Keto Klub, assistant Customer Engagement Manager at our 10th ave Market & Café.
If you want to know how a certain dietary lifestyle works, come and see Cindy. She’s personally lived the vegan, vegetarian, paleo and now keto lifestyle, as well as everything in between. She’s finessed recipes to suit her family of 5; navigated through various health scares and concerns with the different dietary lifestyles; and poured hours into research through books and Community Natural Food’s dedication to paid weekly staff trainings. All of this research and personal testing is complimented by the success stories that customers confide in her. In fact, walking customers through their wellness journeys is a reason that Cindy loves working at Community Natural Foods. She describes it as a positive energy to be around. People deciding to take control of their health and allowing staff at Community to join them on their journeys.
Cindy is a big advocate for the keto diet – or fat-adapted. She’s personally experienced improved mental clarity, sustained energy throughout the day, her cravings have disappeared, and she lost inches off her waist. Fitting then that she is the host and main educator of the CNF Keto Klub, a free event series that meets twice a month at our 10th ave Market and Cafe (1304 10th Avenue SW).
What is the CNF Keto Klub?
- We meet the 2nd and the last Tuesday of each month.
- Meetings are facilitated by CNF’s Cindy Hardie – who has been living the keto lifestyle for over 3 years
- Keto meals are available in our café from 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Meet and mingle, get to know other keto converts, sit and have dinner
- Our featured speaker and topic starts at 6:30pm and usually ends at 7:15
- After the talk, there’s time for questions and more mingling
- Intro to Keto and how it works
- Intermittent fasting – how it works and is it right for you?
- Hormones and keto – are they related?
- Staying keto for the holidays – how to prepare and tips to know
- Keeping clear of sugar
At Community Natural Foods we strongly believe that the best thing you can do for your health today is to walk through the doors of one of our 3 locations. We’d love to walk with you on your journey to wellness. For more information on our events, including Keto Klub, visit communitynaturalfoods.com/events.
Makes 12 dozen
4 cups shredded coconut (one bag CNF shredded coconut)
½ cup coconut oil – softened or melted
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 tsp erythritol powder – Swerve (optional)
¼ tsp sea salt
Zest and juice from 2 lemons
- Zest the organic lemons and make sure the coconut oil is softened or melted
- In blender or food processor blend the 4 cups shredded coconut, scraping the sides often. Continue until a butter consistency. This may take several minutes.
- Add the other ingredients and blend until mixed well.
- Fill mini muffin cups lined with paper cups or silicone molds
- Chill in freezer until solid – 30 minutes and store in freezer
Sponsored post written by Community Natural Foods