We love Stampede as much as the cowpoke’s do! Whether enjoying the festivities on or off the grounds, it’s a time of year that brings our city together. We love celebrating our community and experiencing the Calgary vibe. We are very excited to share our off-the-grounds Crave/Dote Style (un)Stampede Guide with you!
For the Sporty
If you love spending time outside in the Calgary sunshine, you will love these outdoor activities.
Calgary by Bike
Spend the day pedaling and enjoying the city from a new perspective. Calgary has numerous paths making biking around the city a recipe for a great day! 2017 Calgary By Bike Maps are available for sale at all Crave Kensington, Willow Park, Crowfoot and Aspen Landing.
Daytrip to the Farm
If you would rather bypass the biking, take a quick drive from the inner city to Butterfield Acres petting zoo where you can spend the day getting to know adorable animals. A day spent here, is one that will surely leave you smiling!
For the Foodie
When we think of Stampede, we can’t help but crave the pancake breakfasts that come with it. During those 10 days, there are a variety of free Stampede breakfasts that are not to be missed! Use the app “Free Calgary Stampede Pancake Breakfast” to track down your nearest breakfast.
After breakfast comes lunch, and we love the “Street Food” app, which acts as your guide to Calgary’s food trucks. Getting a taste of Calgary has never been better! We always keep an eye out for the Perogie Boys!
After your foodie adventures are fulfilled, why not refuel at one of our favourite local coffee shops. We have been obsessed with Rosso Coffee’s Earl Grey Latte since our first sip.
For the Creative
Calgary is full of talent, and Stampede is the perfect time to satisfy that country craving.
Pianos for the people
For those who are musically talented, it’s the perfect time to get those fingers dancing on Calgary’s street side pianos. The pianos are located at Eau Claire Market, Fifth Avenue Place and 3rd Street at 6th Avenue. Take a moment to share (or enjoy) a tune!
Calgary is full of naturally photogenic areas. Pack up your favourite device (smart phones are our go-tos) and get out in the city to capture some of our favourite places through a lens. Try visiting the Rundle Ruins or the Wonderland Sculpture to get creative!
10 Days | 10 Activities
- Riley Park: Enjoy a sunny day picnic in Riley Park (800 12 St NW).
- Hillhurst Sunnyside Community Association: Spend the afternoon cruising the aisles of Hillhurst farmers market for fresh produce. Open on Wednesdays, 3-7PM (1320 5 Ave NW).
- Crave Kensington: Join us for our Stampede Social with Dote Magazine and Rosso Coffee Roasters at our Kensington location! (1107 Kensington Rd NW).
- The Paddle Station: Start your day of floating down the Bow River by renting a kayak or raft at The Paddle Station.
- East Village Junction: Explore East Village’s pop-up retail park, featuring 12 local retailers (439 8 Ave SE).
- St. Patrick’s Island: Visit the beautiful scenery at St. Patrick’s Island park.
- Junction 9 Yoga & Pilates: Take some time to work on your wellness at Junction 9 in Inglewood (919 9 Ave SE).
- Scotsman’s Hill: Gather with your friends in Ramsay and watch the Stampede fireworks off the grounds.
- Ironwood Stage & Grill: Catch live music in Inglewood (1229 9 Ave SE).
- Plant: Spend some time exploring the greenery at Plant and take a terrarium workshop (1327 9 Ave SE).
BONUS: CRAVE ASPEN LANDING: Join us for a Stampede breakfast at Crave Aspen Landing on Sunday July 9th 9am-12pm (318 Aspen Glen Landing SW).