There’s something about the onset of autumn that brings a welcome feeling of readiness for change, renewal, and transformation. From our routine to our wardrobe and right into our home décor, we’re feeling ready for a change. Just in time, we turned to the one and only Tiffany Pratt for guidance. The vibrant, colourful and inspiring interior designer, maker, HGTV Canada star, and author of DIY guide This Can Be Beautiful is returning to Calgary for the upcoming Calgary Fall Home Show, happening September 21 – 24, 2017 at the BMO Centre.
Her multifaceted design philosophy is rooted in the belief that an inspiring, beautiful living space will translate into a more joyful, meaningful, and positive lifestyle. She sees exquisite in the unexpected, mixes old with new, merges elegant with livable, and she lives and breathes her truth that “this can be beautiful.”
Before she takes to the Main Stage at the Calgary Fall Home Show on September 22, 23 & 24, Tiffany let us in on some of her transformational tips and tricks, drawing from her own recent home makeover in which she evolved her narrow living room space into a multifunctional work/living space in her home in Toronto. She’s also showcased her stunning transformative design powers in her recent work at Toronto hotspots Can Can Café and Piano Piano.
One look at Tiffany’s new work/living space and we could see ourselves spending well beyond 9 to 5 creating and relaxing in this bright, airy, and whimsical room.
- Tiffany kicked off her living room and office transformation with one simple step: decluttering her existing desk and implementing new storage and organization to hide all her DIY supplies and office clutter.
- To refresh and open up the narrow living room space, she painted her hardwood floors with a coat of bright, white paint.
- To further add to the illusion of space and height, she installed a dreamy soft pink and white vertical striped wallpaper to make the ceilings feel high and the room expansive.
- Equally playful and inviting, Tiffany dressed the space with a dusty 80s-inspired palette, from the stunning rose sofa to muted teal touches.
- Tiffany is a big believer in playing with scale to add unconventional flare and character to any space. She added oversized accessories like the lush, velvet pillows, hanging peacock chair, and a unique, stacked lamp.
- Tiffany chose a simple, clear coffee table in order to let a treasured handmade Moroccan rug be a feature, adding more texture and intrigue.
- In order to make a clear distinction between her work space and relaxation space, she balanced a combined console work table and desk with a cozy seating area that faces away from her work station.
Take in even more colourful insight, advice, and pure inspiration from Tiffany when she hits the Main Stage at the Calgary Fall Home Show on Friday, September 22 at 6:00 p.m., Saturday, September 23 at 1:00 p.m., and Sunday, September 24 at 12:00 p.m.